Mónica Ortega | Consultant
Mónica has worked mainly in environmental and regulatory issues, specifically in water law, electrical and environmental law, as an adviser for law firms, for the Government of Chile Agency, the General Water Agency, and for ENGIE (formerly GDF-SUEZ), where she focused on water law, energy, environmental permits, indigenous rights, mining permits, electricity easements, and due diligence processes.
She has served as an advisor on wind, solar and hydroelectric plants, and was awarded a Best Lawyer recommendation in 2012 for water rights issues.
She also worked as Senior Attorney, Head of Natural Resources and Head of the Environmental Group at the law firm Del Río Izquierdo in Santiago.
Studies and Experience
- Lawyer, Pontifical Catholic University of Chile (1996).
- Master’s degree in Environmental Law, Universidad Finis Terrae (2014).
- Attorney at Alejandro Vergara y Cia. (2000-2002).
- Attorney at the Ministry of Public Works (2002-2009).
- Attorney at GDF Suez Chile (2009-2013).
- Senior Lawyer at Del Rio Izquierdo Abogados (2014-2017).
- Professor of Water Law for the Electrical Markets Diploma, Department of Electrical Engineering at USACH (since 2015).