Alfredo Larreta | Consultant
Alfredo has specialized in financial and international issues, participating as a litigant representing the State of Chile in cases of great local and international relevance.
In addition, he served as Head of the Money Laundering Control Division of the State Defense Council. He has also participated as a lawyer for various local and foreign companies in civil, contractual and extra-contractual litigation and arbitration cases, both in Chile and abroad.
Alfredo also has extensive experience in litigation before US federal courts and is currently a counsel for the State Defense Council.
Studies and Experience
- Lawyer, University of Valparaiso (1993).
- LL.M with outstanding distinction in Legal Counseling in Finance ( master’s in law program related to financial markets), Pontificia Universidad Comillas de Madrid – ICADE, Madrid – Spain (2001).
- Associate Lawyer at Estudio Jurídico Álvarez, Hinzpeter & Jana (2006 – 2008).
- Professor of the Business Law Department, Universidad Mayor (since 2008).
- Professor of the State and Financial Regulations Department, Universidad Alberto Hurtado (2009).
- Legal Counsel – Socofar (2010 – 2011).
- Rapporteur of the Judicial Academy of Chile in matters of Corporate Fraud and Money Laundering.
- Partner at Chirgwin Peñafiel (2013-2018).